Friday, December 18, 2009

Countdown Tree


This tree is a wooden cut out made by Kaisercraft.  It comes with the wood tree cut out, which is about 12 inches tall & the little piece of wood that x's at the bottom so it stands up.  You could easily cut this out of cardboard or send your dh to the garage to "use his tools" and jigsaw cut a tree. 

I used my Dec kit from Scrapbook Circle , which had Crate Xmas paper.  I thought the tree paper was a good fit!  We (my 6 year old helped me with this), glued on the paper then cut it.  I used my regualar old tape runner, just was careful to get the edges really well & to cut it I used the Fiskers fingertip knife. 

We painted the base brown, the edges of the tree are painted green.  The little wooden rectangles are covered on both sides with more Crate.  Numbers and  Letters are both Thickers (of course)... and a little yellow trim from my stash.  OH.... the star is also Kaiser (purchased seperately) and we sprayed Smooch Spritz on it (it's shimmery, although you can't tell that from the photo). 

So at 6am every morning, the first thing Joseph says to me is...  "Momma, can I go change the numbers on the tree?"

2 comments:

  1. that looks GREAT! Your awesome girl and your work is just beautiful!
    May the Lord bless your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree is sooo cute! I love the yellow pom pom ribbon, its a great touch!

    ReplyDelete