Monday, February 8, 2010

Wii Hula Hoop (Practical Scrappers DT - Brads)

This weeks challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use brads.  So I used a couple "ring brads" (white that are open in the center, like a doughnut) and lots of red, white & blacks in various sizes on this really cool "Sheer" (even though it's black) from KI Memories.  So, this layout is particularly unusual for me, since I used patterned paper as my background (I ususally use cardstock)....so you can see I even used some paint to "soften" the pp, but in my opinion it's still too busy looking.  Oh well....always trying new things!!  Oh yea, and I got to tease my husband about having his "back-side" posted all over the internet.

6 comments:

  1. Well, this is "hula-tastic"! I know that's not really a word, but this is the best way to capture moments we love! I love those chrcles and yoru variety of brads! Fantastic job, my sister!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful! Love the color scheme, and your use of brads!
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the use of those circles to mimic hula hoops are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This LO looks like so much fun.. I just love your hoop border and how you used your brads..

    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am liking that pp background!! It looks fabulous with your solid colored circles!! Looks like everyone was having a lot of fun! Great use of the brads too!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni, I'm loving the colors and design of this fun layout!!! Super job!! :o)

    ReplyDelete