Friday, June 25, 2010

Rocks in your ARRR?

June challenge at Scrap Our Stash is to use STITCHING.....

This layout tells a really funny story....click on the layout to enlarge and read it.
OMG---I just realized an error in my dates...the conversation was MARCH (not May)...  Oh....how to fix that?  Anyway....

This story is from a few months ago, but I finally got the photo I needed to document it. I had blocked (no layering) all my pieces and finished the layout and realized it just needed a little "extra umph". So I hand stitched XXX's in 2 different spots and it adds a little touch to pull all the pieces together without overwhelming the photo or story. I just punched 4 holes for the top and 4 holes for the bottom of the X's (yes, I used a tool from Timeless touches that has evenly spaced holes, but you can just use a ruler, or do it by eye) ...and used embroidery floss to make the stitches. Here's my tip when doing this...instead of making knots on the back of your layouts, I just scotch tape the end when I start and then scotch tape the end of the floss when I'm done (using that second tape to usually tape as many of the stitch backs as I can...just to keep them there!!)

4 comments:

  1. Nice story. Definitely something fun and unique to document. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!!! That story is sooooooooooooooooooo CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! LOVE it!!!! And loving that U documented it!!!!! This RRRRRRRROCKS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni.. .this LO is so fun!! I agree... the stitching does a nice job of pulling it all together!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joni I laughed my you know what off when I read your journaling! Too funny! A wonderful layout capturing a terrific memory.

    ReplyDelete