Monday, June 21, 2010

You are Number 6

This month at Scrap Our Stash the challenge is to use stitching..

I had picked out this photo and was ripping pieces of yellow fabric that I was intending to use like ribbon....but when I was done ripping and looked down at my cardstock, there was this cool random design. So, how to adhere it and keep the design?? So, I layed a blank 8x10 transparancy over the fabric strips and took it to my sewing machine.... I randomly stitched on the yellow trying to be sure to get lots of places that overlapped. Then I "ripped off" the transparancy off from the stitching. I had to cut in some places to get it off, but it worked well to keep my original design. I kept the stitching yellow so it may be hard to see, but I wanted to share this example of stitching that wasn't really showing...but rather was used like an adhesive element.
I also used a sketch from The Scrappiest (#67)

2 comments:

  1. Does it get any better than this! You are amazing, and so inspiring.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooooooooo COOL Joni!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what U did with that fabric! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete