Thursday, July 1, 2010

Having a Blast

JULY & a new challenge at Scrap Our Stash!!!!   This month's challenge is Eyelets or Brads.... 
We also have a Sketch challenge that runs 6/15-7/14....  So I did a DOUBLE WHAMMY !!!
My layout uses the sketch & I used eyelets.....  Go me, Go me...(singing)...

I replaced one of the photo spots for a title box, otherwise I stayed pretty true to the sketch. I used Fancy Pants Rusted Sun line & added a few extras here and there. The sun/flower at the top left is just a strip of paper accordian folded and then adhered into a circle and then "pushed" down and adhered (it likes to pop off... so I ended up using wet glue) and then a fun brad in the center. This is one of my favorite easy embellies to make...usually it looks like a flower, but I kind of like how it looks like a sun on this page. When I was finished, I realized the layout needed just little extra "umph"...so I added the eyelets to the bottom dotted paper in random matching colors.

2 comments:

  1. These papers are YUMMY, fun summer photos! I agree, the embellie does look like a sun up in the corner and the splash of brads at the bottom are fab!!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is AWESOME Joni!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and LOVING the misting! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete