Sunday, August 22, 2010

2 Ocean themed layouts

Hey..over at Design Dollies they do THREE challenges every week....you can combine them or do them all seperately.....

So, in this post are 2 layouts that combine all 3 of this weeks challenges:
First challenge is an Elements challenge to use WAVES....  I used an old Sassafras line called Whale of a Tale and fussy cut and popped the waves at the bottom.   
YOU LOVE THE OCEAN.....

Challenge 2 & 3 ---  This layout is their COLOR challenge & sketch challenge COMBINED.
COLOR:...Royal Blue, Teal & Orange...yep, I cheated a little and dug out Basic Grey Marrakech.  --- 
SKETCH:  When I saw the sketch, my initial reaction was NOT too positive...(making it a good challenge right?)..... I am so glad I stuck with it....becuase I LOVE how simple and nice this layout turned out!!!  Lesson learned!!!!
YOUR NAME IN THE SAND:  If you can't see it well, it's Joseph writing his name in the sand and then the tilted photo is a photo of the "finished" name....

4 comments:

  1. Wooo Hoooo GREAT Dollie LOs!!!! I jumped over here from Nikki Sivils blog to tell ya I just LOVEEEE you little mini album! Sooooo cute!!! I woulda found ya eventually cuz I am GDTing with the Dollies this month too so I'm glad i wandered over......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love BOTH of these Joni!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the waves you cutout and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the sense of peace I get from that second one!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh I love this!! Those are both gorgeous LO's but I love the one with the waves the best. Your cutting is amazing and the whales are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Joni! these are fabulous! holy heck, your fussy-cutting ROCKS (i'm a big fan of that technique) and the paper was PERFECT! and i'm THRILLED that you took the suggestion for the Marrakech line, because it's perfect for the combo and worked great with your page! LOVE them both! and so thrilled that you played with us in the Dollhouse! :)

    ReplyDelete