Friday, August 27, 2010

Layouts: 1 Shadow-y and 1 w/photo by Joseph!!!

 This week I'm hosting the challenge over at FROSTED DESIGNS!!!  It's using RIC-RAC to make a circle on your project.  I gotta tell you...I'm soooo impressed with the projects the DT came up with!! 
Here is my layout for this project...  And here's the story behind the photos....our last morning on Fisherman's Wharf before heading north (last chance to see the Sea Lions)...and we were standing on the railing and I noticed our shadows in the water.... so I snapped a couple photos.  (that's why they're blurry....it's our shadow and the shadow is in the water... so it's a photo of OUR SHADOW REFLECTION IN THE WATER ....  I had to explain that like 10 times to my MIL...she kept saying "but you usually take such clear pictures")....(SIGH!!!)   --- I'm also submitting this layout over at SKETCHES IN THYME ..see their incredible sketch below my layout!!




And this week at Alphabet Challenge it's R for Roses.  I did this layout using a photo that JOSEPH took of John & myself while we were in San Fran!!  I used Webster's Pages (a hard mfgr for me to use normally). And I used a sketch from Stuck on you Sketches. 

8 comments:

  1. seems your blog is freezing up on me to leave a comment...

    love both pages very much...such neat colors and papers and great photos too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout, I really like the hearts instead of the circles, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these! Fab idea to use hearts instead of circles. I really love Websters and think you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are BOTH GORGEOUS Joni! I love love love love love the photos in that first one and the one Joseph took is AWESOME!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job on both layouts, Joni!! How creative using your shadows! And I love the hearts on the second one and of course, who doesn't love Webster's Pages!! You need to submit the first one over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on both of these sketches!Love the tickets on the first one and the flowers on the second one.
    Great job!
    Thanks for playing with Sketches In Thyme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, my family takes shadow shots too. Thank you for taking the time to play with Sketches in Thyme this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. a wonderful and charming roses-idea!
    so fabulous!

    xoxo silvi (germany)

    ReplyDelete