Thursday, August 12, 2010

PLAY - Wet-n-Wild Challenge

This month over at SCRAPFIT they are celebrating their 1 year birthday.  So this workout (challenge) is "WET-n-WILD"  ...  use mist, paint, stickles, ink---any or all of them!! For an added twist get some paper wet, create something with it and than use it in your LO.

So, I got my white cardstock all wet....then I finger painted it....green & then a little red.  Ok, so it didn't turn out exactly like I wanted....so next I went to my Nikki Sivils papers and got a piece of My Sweet Cherry Pie all wet....crinkled it....tore it....and let it almost dry...then I inked the top of it and used that piece as a block on my layout.  Then I Nikki's Flaming Butterfly diecut scallop circle paper and cut out the inside and only used the outer scallop.  Some more Nikki Flaming Butterfly paper to make a flower and cover up something in the photo (the edge of a blue ball) & a Nikki Brad.... Title & journaling...DONE.  OH...since the background paper is so "lumpy" it's hard to get everything to stick...so in some places it's popped so that it sticks...it actually looks kinda cool...though you can't really see that in the photo.  So, here's my MESSY WET-n-WILD layout!!!

5 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! Send this to me girl!!! Please?????? I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how you used Nikki's paper on here!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and the 'messy' background!!! Really makes the colors pop!!! I'm pretty full for August... but would LOVE it for Sept! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous girl...LOVE all of the paint, just gorgeous :)
    Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like sooooo muuuuuchh fuuuuun!! It must have been a blast to create!! I love everything about this LO!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE THIS!!!! So bright and colorful. LOVE IT!!! Thanks 4 workin' out with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing job!!! Love the paint and the colors!!! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete