Thursday, August 5, 2010

TAAFOMFT - FAVE BAND???

The current challenge at My Favorite Things is your favorite BAND.....

Ok, so I have a "little thing you didn't know about me" moment.......

I'm NOT into music....  don't care, not musical, I listen to NPR (talk radio) in the car...TV at home.
(I will listen to Christian music if I listen to anything at all)

So.....this was a REAL CHALLENGE for me!!!!  So, the one musical thing that I enjoy is Kirtan (Chanting) ---   So there is a Grammy winning artist named Jai Uttal that I like and we go and see him every year when he comes to our local Yoga Studio.  He's really great and I use this time to worship ... God...my God, THE God, HE, HIM, My Savior.    The other part of this, which is quite ironic..is that my 6 year old son, Joseph, goes to the Kirtans with us (and has for 2 years now) and he LOVES music soooo much that he can sit there and stare at the drummer, singer....for OVER 2 hours and not get bored.....people are always amazed... ... the only problem is sometimes it gets past his bedtime and he gets tired...but he's still intrigued and on his best behavior!!!  (ok,,enough gushing...here's my layout)  -- (photo taken from Jai's website)

7 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH!!!! JONI!! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the masking, the music notes...YOU ROCKED THIS challenge girl!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love this, love the masking and the colors!! Thanks so much for playimg with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! I love the masking too! The key and the spraying is awesome too! Love it :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    This is so beautiful! You did a job with this LO. Love all the musical notes. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    My Journal
    http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/08/everything-i-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. the masking on this looks amazing! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your masking and misting!Beautiful colors and embellies!
    Thank you so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool LO! Love the masking! Thanks for joining us on this challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete