Friday, October 8, 2010

DOODLING, XMAS & REPTILES making HAPPY ACCIDENTS !!!!!

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END FOR SOME SPECIAL NEWS !!! 

This week at FROSTED DESIGNS our challenge is DOODLING or HANDWRITING on your layout.  Yea....  pulled out my trusty ole' white pen (Thanks E)... and started messing around with the 1+1=2, then added ABC, then some designs, then a little more, then a little more, then decided to go ahead and go for it and do the title by hand.... YEP everything white is my hand doodling (and I honestly can't draw worth a darn!!).... Glad I wasn't scared to do this!!  You should try it.... then go over to Frosted and enter your layout (or card or project).  -- PP is all Bella Blvd new Midterm line.

Also today over at ALPHABET CHALLENGE starts the weekly challenge X=Xmas.  Ok, so I had to dig out some old xmas photos...these ended up being quite a few years old...but how cute, huh?  I think he towers over that snowman now!!  It'll be fun to compare this year when we get it out...(oh my, that's only in like another month or so...WOW!!)


Ok...so here's the SPECIAL NEWS.... It's about HAPPY ACCIDENTS!!
I'm on the Design Team over at SCRAP OUR STASH and we do a "Frugal Friday" or some kind of fun tip every Friday.  So this week, I sent in a layout that JOSEPH did this week...and here was the tip. 
He had done this layout for a stitching challenge (over at the Club CK Blog)...he was painting the chipboard swirl green when he got some paint on his layout.  So he just added a few brushstokes to his layout.    But while he was doing that, he got some paint on one of his title letters.  He was upset about that and tried to wipe the paint off of the textured letter.  He then realized something and said "It looks like reptile scales"... Cool....paint and wipe off the rest of the letters!!  Reptile scaley looking letters???? YEP.. .... HAPPY ACCIDENT!!!  I'm going to post this on HIS blog too...so please go over there real quick and leave him some love....he always reads his comments!!



2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee these Joni!! I love love love love love all those doodles!!!! And left Joseph some love...his lo ROCKS! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the doodling, Joni :) And I love your post on 'happy accidents' too - some things are just meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete