Thursday, December 26, 2013

Frosted Designs - Dec kit - 2nd post

This is my post up at Frosted Designs today:

I'm back to share a few more layouts that I completed with the December Season of Stars Scrapbooking kit.  I shared my first 4 layouts earlier this month...and I said I'd share my last 4 layouts and 2 cards ... but I lied... the other night, I was picking through what was left and I had just enough paper .... and with the extra embellies, I actually got two more layouts done.  So that was 10 layouts and 2 cards.
Plus I used some of my extra embellies and alphas on the Silver & Gold Challenge layout...  This kit just keeps on giving and giving!!!

So, here are the other projects:

I love this sheet of paper!!!  So perfect to use "whole"....  I folded back the top left corner since I really like the back side too!!

I love that it already had the large word "Joy" on the paper but I wanted to dress that up a bit, so I added the words Holiday and Joy from the transparency die cut from the add-on.  
I also wanted to mention that I used the journal card from the kit (see below, it almost looks blue)...I placed it so that it highlighted words from the background paper.  I also put one of the wooden banners UNDER it and clipped one of the gold star clips on it.




On this layout, I went clean and linear.  I nice little block with some papers and strategically placed embellishments.

I used mist on this flower from the add-on, but I didn't "spritz" the mist, I removed the cap, and used the wand to literally "paint on" the ink.  I layered this with some of the trim, chipboard and rhinestones.


I split 2 sheets up for this one and placed my photos along the center, separated by my journal box (from the add-on).  

The clear transparency that frames my photo is in the main kit and is not really a frame - I just cut out the center so it didn't cover my photo and turned it into a frame.


I really wanted to use the musical notes paper and that's pretty easy for me considering  I have a drummer, keyboard player, ukulele player, iPod/shower singer .... all in one son!!

I painted the gold glittery thickers with red paint to match my layout.


I also made two easy-peasy cards.
The left on is literally the transparency tree die cut from the add-on...glued onto the card!!
The right card is chipboard words from the add-on, painted and a little added glitter, grounded by a little strip of the washi tape (from the main kit). 



Ok..so here is one of the "extra" (Ninth) layout that I did with my kit.  I used a sketch from Sketch N Scrap and used up some of my extra journal spots with my last tag and a couple pieces of chipboard.   (The green background cardstock is from my stash). 

 I used the Thickers from the kit, but added some silver glitter over the top but you can still see the Gold too.  I liked that contrast.


And this is my 10th layout with this kit (I used a sketch by Tammi Bennett) 
All I had left of the paper was the red w/white snowflake piece, and I used a kraft tag from the kit and the snowflakes are from the add-on.  (Alphas & Cardstock from my stash)



So...thanks for reading this far .. I hope you're still here!!
I had such a great time playing with this kit... I know you will too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment